Attack on Samara in Montpellier: Macron reacts, family outraged

After the attack on Samara, a 14-year-old girl severely beaten by classmates in front of her college in Montpellier, Emmanuel Macron assured that “nothing justifies” the facts.

Attack on Samara in Montpellier: Macron reacts, family outraged

After the attack on Samara, a 14-year-old girl severely beaten by classmates in front of her college in Montpellier, Emmanuel Macron assured that “nothing justifies” the facts.

Emmanuel Macron reacted to the attack on Samara, a teenager who was severely beaten outside Arthur-Rimbaud college, Tuesday April 2, in Montpellier. On the sidelines of an official ceremony, the President of the Republic was questioned by the journalists present. “Nothing justifies the fact that a teenager, a young girl is attacked by several young people of her age, confided the head of state. We are in the process of consolidating the information. There is police work in progress "I will be very careful at this stage not to qualify things. I know that a lot of diligence has also been taken by the educational community."

The student was hit by another 14-year-old schoolgirl, with two boys from outside the school. She suffered several punches and kicks before falling to the ground. She suffered convulsions and fell into a coma. Currently, his vital prognosis is no longer in jeopardy, the Montpellier public prosecutor's office announced late Wednesday afternoon. The victim also came out of the coma.

Emmanuel Macron also showed his support for the young girl. '"It is important to be at the side of this young girl and her family. We must be extremely firm towards the perpetrators of these acts. Which was done immediately by the police and the courts. We must establish the full truth whole. I hope that it will settle down peacefully and that we will then draw all the consequences."

The public prosecutor's office announced that it had contacted "the 'attack on persons' brigade of the local judicial police service in Montpellier". “One of the people involved, a 14-year-old minor attending the same establishment, has just been arrested,” the prosecution indicated in the morning. In the evening, the prosecution announced that she had admitted to having carried out blows, as part of her hearing on the “count of attempted murder of a minor under 15 years of age”. Two other minors aged 14 and 15 were arrested and questioned under the same description. According to information from BFMTV, one of them is already known to the courts. The three minors were placed in police custody.

“The head teacher called me yesterday (Tuesday) to come pick up my daughter and warned me that a crowd of young people had formed at the exit,” her mother told Midi Libre. “I asked the college to keep her within the establishment until I arrived, they did not do it,” she says. According to her mother, her daughter is the victim of harassment. “Students launched a hashtag on social media to call for a rally.” According to France Bleu, which cites a police source, it was the dissemination of a photo on social networks which was the origin of a violent altercation between the two schoolgirls.

"She was attacked because there has been a student since last year who has been attacking my daughter and trying to invent things for her that she doesn't do" confided the victim's mother to BFMTV. "Last year, there was a call for the rape of my daughter by this same young student who is in middle school. She is tied up, tobacco is put in her nose... She lets herself be molested and she doesn't say anything. Yesterday was one time too many" she explains, still speaking to BFMTV.

The attack provoked a reaction from the Minister of National Education, Nicole Belloubet, who declared "to have learned with emotion that a schoolgirl was violently attacked in Montpellier. I send her all my support as well as her family. light must be shed on this unbearable act. A listening cell and security teams are already on site."

The teenager's mother claims that one of her classmates would have been excluded from the establishment for two days in June 2023, after publishing a photo of her daughter on social networks calling for rape. The prosecution says it has not “received reports of acts of harassment against him”. For her part, the rector of the Montpellier academy, Sophie Béjean, emphasizes that the principal of the college "was not aware of what happened before the facts, nor even immediately after" indicates Midi Free.

NEXT NEWS